This year the Park District of Oak Park is hosting the 37th annual Frank Lloyd Wright Races throughout Oak Park and River Forest. Get information on road closures in the release below.
Due to the 37th Annual Frank Lloyd Wright Races, several streets will be closed throughout Oak Park from 7:30am through 10am on Sunday, October 20. See the map here!
Main Street Closures (7:30am-10am)
- Lake St between Taylor St and Forest Ave (westbound only - traffic can travel east)
- Chicago Ave between Forest Ave and Scoville Ave (eastbound only - traffic can travel west)
- Division St between Grove and Elmwood (completely closed)
- Ridgeland between Berkshire and Greenfield (completely closed)
- Augusta between Lombard and Fair Oaks (completely closed)
Major intersections affected:
- Ridgeland Avenue and Lake Street
- Oak Park Avenue & Lake Street
- Chicago Avenue & Oak Park Avenue
If traveling east or westbound stay south of Lake St or use North Ave.
If traveling north or south it is best to use Austin or Harlem.
When there are breaks between groups of runners, traffic control will allow cars through. There could be up to a 15 minute wait between groups of runners. Accessing locations within the course route will be delayed due to street closures. The Park District recommends you leave early.
Additional information is available online at www.flwraces.com.